Jury returns $2.2M judgment against Don Marsh
A federal jury returned a $2.2 million judgment against iconic Marsh Supermarkets CEO Don Marsh late Friday, finding that he tapped corporate coffers for personal expenses.
To refine your search through our archives use our Advanced Search
A federal jury returned a $2.2 million judgment against iconic Marsh Supermarkets CEO Don Marsh late Friday, finding that he tapped corporate coffers for personal expenses.
Former Amerigroup Corp. CEO James Carlson will leave WellPoint Inc., the company said Friday—three days after he was passed over for the Indianapolis-based insurer’s top job.
House Republicans tossed out Gov. Mike Pence's call for a tax cut Friday, unveiling a $30 billion biennial budget that instead relies on Indiana's roughly $500 million annual surplus to restore education cuts and pay for road and bridge repairs.
Indianapolis public broadcaster WFYI aims will expose its popular “The Art of the Matter” radio show to television audiences beginning Tuesday. WFYI is scheduled to produce 20 episodes of the weekly TV show during its pilot season.
A company lawyer itemized the expenses Marsh Supermarkets believes it is owed during closing arguments Friday. A lawyer for Don Marsh argued that he neither committed fraud nor breached his contract.
The leader of the Indiana House is hesitant about the chances of an overhaul of state casino taxes and regulations aimed at helping them against growing competition from surrounding states.
A federal audit released Friday recommends Indiana's human services agency refund more than $5.8 million in Medicaid funds because Logansport State Hospital did not show it had complied with special conditions for psychiatric hospitals.
An Indianapolis drywall contractor faces criminal charges that he underpaid his employees working on a government housing project, and then falsified documents to cover it up, the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office announced Friday.
Golf guru with a unique story will have his name inscribed in granite alongside the names of some of the game's greats at the PGA Museum of Golf in Florida March 12.
A former Shelbyville High School assistant cheerleading coach accused of having inappropriate relations with a 17-year-old student entered a plea deal in court Thursday. Megan Crafton was arrested June 15 and charged with child seduction after Shelbyville police received information about her relationship with a male student. Crafton pleaded guilty to dissemination of matter or conducting performance harmful to minors. The revised charge is still a felony, but Crafton will not have to register as a sex offender.
Marion officials have identified a toddler who died while in the care of her mother’s boyfriend and was discovered Wednesday. Arianna Carmack, 2, suffered a “flash burn” from an unidentified chemical, according to a coroner’s report Thursday. While flash burn injuries are considered non-life threatening, officials believe the burns contributed to her death. Arianna sustained injuries to her head, chest and back. She also had multiple bruises on her lower extremities, the coroner said, but they appeared to be in the healing stages. The boyfriend, 27-year-old Donald Riddle, was taken into custody Thursday and has been charged with neglect of a dependent resulting in death.
Home-sale agreements in the nine-county Indianapolis area spiked 17.2 percent in January compared to the same month a year earlier, suggesting last year's housing recovery continues to gain momentum.
The latest IBJ A&E road trip features a world premiere, heading-for-Broadway musical.
The panel of nine will begin closed-door discussions Friday afternoon following closing arguments from attorneys representing Marsh Supermarkets Inc. and the former CEO of the company accused of spending $3.3 million of company funds on personal expenses.
Manuel Gonzalez has been acquitted of three counts of wire fraud and three counts of money laundering in connection with a scheme that targeted an Indianapolis physician. Former City-County Councilor Paul Bateman pleaded guilty last month to participating in the scheme.
The change would save the state $24 million in 2015 and another $48 million each year thereafter—all money that’s now being collected from gambling taxes and sent to cities, towns and counties.
Gov. Mike Pence is unhappy with a two-year budget proposal from House Republicans released Friday that would replace his proposed tax cut with more funding for education and roads. Pence closed his Statehouse office Friday morning for “out of office staff meetings.”
About to embark on his eighth trade mission since 2008, Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard is committed to keeping up the city’s international profile, regardless of whether that results in a major economic-development deal.
Allos Ventures has raised $40 million from local tech industry luminaries and others to invest in early-stage tech companies in the Midwest, a segment that has seen funding dry up. The fund, Allos II, aims to invest $3 million to $7 million each in about a dozen early-stage companies—not upstarts but those already generating solid revenue streams.