City extends Dine Out Indy program to bars
The program was established last month to help restaurants and other businesses expand or add outdoor seating options as the city reopened following COVID-19 stay-at-home orders.
The program was established last month to help restaurants and other businesses expand or add outdoor seating options as the city reopened following COVID-19 stay-at-home orders.
How the virus is transmitted might be more important in restaurants than in many other venues because people linger there far longer.
Get the latest news on the coronavirus and COVID-19 in this ongoing series of updates available outside IBJ’s paywall.
For as much as government has been chided in some business circles for shutting down the economy—and that certainly has happened—officials have in other ways worked quickly to clear the path for business to innovate and adjust.
Altogether, more than 50 restaurants across the city have submitted applications to expand outdoor dining, including four on Broad Ripple Avenue and five on Illinois Street.
Through the Dine Out Indy program, the traffic lanes will become paths for pedestrians, while street parking spots and sidewalks could be utilized for outdoor seating or to expand retail space.
The Michigan-based firm intends to develop 20 condos and 15 townhomes on parcels near the nexus of the Holy Cross, Arsenal Heights and Woodruff Place neighborhoods.
Applications for home construction permits rose 5% in the Indianapolis area in April, marking the ninth monthly increase in the past 10 months on a year-over-year basis.
A national alcohol retailer with more than 200 stores in 24 states is a step closer to doing business in Indiana after a federal court temporarily barred Indiana from enforcing a prohibition that keeps out-of-state businesses from holding liquor permits.
The $20 million project a block west of the Monon Trail would include an interior parking garage and a 2,600-square-foot rooftop deck.
The Carmel Plan Commission on Thursday approved an expansion project that would double the space in Porkopolis’ existing building, allowing room for a distillery and tasting room.
Trump said he would be placing a 60-day pause on the issuance of green cards in an effort to limit competition for jobs in a U.S. economy wrecked by the coronavirus.
Gov. Eric Holcomb said Monday the state would re-evaluate whether to allow hospitals and surgery centers to resume services at 11:59 p.m. Sunday if they have sufficient protective equipment for treating COVID-19 patients.
Interest in buying new homes in central Indiana surged dramatically in the first quarter, before the affects of the COVID-19 pandemic began taking its toll on the economy.
The engine-maker says it will close three Columbus manufacturing sites and one in Seymour until May 4. The news comes a day after the company announced that it would temporarily reduce the salaries of its U.S. employees by 10% to 25%.
In venture capital, we like to talk about 90-day sprints. Build a set of objectives, and tactics, that will get a company to a better place in 90 days.
The construction industry is exempt from Gov. Eric Holcomb’s orders that non-essential businesses close and Hoosiers stay home.
With revenue down because of banned dine-in services, some eateries are taking advantage of the governor’s order allowing more restaurants and breweries to temporarily offer carryout and delivery of alcohol.
Designs for the project were approved in 2018 and included nine condos, 4,500 square feet of ground-floor retail space and a 17-space underground parking garage.
Applications for home construction permits soared 34% in the Indianapolis area in February. The flurry of new applications came before the first cases of COVID-19 hit Indiana.