Indianapolis Business Journal

MAY 16-22, 2011

This week, read about how Verizon Wireless Music Center is responding to an industry shift toward smaller venues and see why neighborhood rehabs aren't happening faster in Indianapolis. In Focus, find out how some doctors are finding more time for patients. And Mickey Maurer shares some sage advice from the late Bill Cook.

Front PageBack to Top

Zionsville residents disagree on commercial development

After property tax caps crimped local dollars in Zionsville and a school funding referendum failed, many residents have decided it’s time to attract more commercial development. But they are tangled in a hot dispute over how to achieve that goal.

Read More

Top StoriesBack to Top

Purdue professor analyzes risk, dissects failures

For 25 years, Venkat Venkatasubramanian, the Reilly professor of chemical engineering at Purdue University, has studied how to keep horrendously complicated, excruciatingly twitchy technological edifices from collapsing under their own weight.

Read More

FocusBack to Top

OpinionBack to Top

Good riddance to abortion funding

Congratulations are due Gov. Daniels and the Indiana Legislature for taking action to suspend public dollars to “family planning” organizations who perpetuate the continuing slaughter of the tiniest, most innocent human beings.

Read More

Powerful must learn hard lessons

In light of our most recent General Assembly, I believe the top 1 percent of Indiana went to bat for the top 1 percent and then kicked the other 99 percent [who were] fooled into electing them in the teeth.

Read More

In BriefBack to Top