Drivers Scott Dixon and Will Power both said IndyCar’s new aeroscreen was fit for racing during the first extensive test session for the cockpit protection that will debut next season.
McLaren to return to full-time IndyCar racing in 2020
The England-based company plans to return to full-time IndyCar competition next season for the first time since 1979 in a partnership with existing team Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports.Read More
Speedway expected to continue growth in wake of matriarch’s death
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway was not for sale before the Nov. 3 death of Mari Hulman George—the matriarch of IMS and IndyCar Series parent Hulman & Co. And it’s not now.Read More
Surprising series rookie Colton Herta has been pulled inside the Andretti Autosport camp as IndyCar drivers secure their 2020 plans.
Pocono’s track has been questioned over its compatibility with IndyCar. A five-car crash occurred on the opening lap at the track last month. Justin Wilson was killed there in 2015 and Robert Wickens suffered a spinal cord injury last year when his car sailed into the fence.
The governor previously did not have authority to appoint anyone to the quasi-government agency, but that changed earlier this year in legislation that’s expected to keep the Indiana Pacers in town and fund the CIB for the next 25 years.
Alexander Rossi pocketed $759,159 for his second straight runner-up finish.
Helio Castroneves has won the Indianapolis 500 three times, making him one of the most accomplished auto racers in history. But he says his personal brand owes more to dancing than driving.
The safety piece will virtually cover the open-air cockpit with a clear screen on a titanium framework. Its purpose is to protect the driver from flying debris.
NBC mainstays Savannah Guthrie and Al Roker were joined by Tom Hanks at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of a live broadcast honoring caregivers to U.S. military veterans.
McLaren CEO Zak Brown acknowledged Monday the team was woefully unprepared to qualify a car for the Indianapolis 500, and small oversights snowballed into the final result.
Kyle Kaiser, 23, in a dramatic last-gasp bid by tiny Juncos Racing, knocked Fernando Alonso off the bubble and ruined the day for McLaren, which was trying to make a comeback to the Indy 500 for the first time since the 1970s.
McLaren had another miserable day preparing for the Indianapolis 500 as the team worked tirelessly in a failed effort to get Fernando Alonso on the track Thursday for Indianapolis 500 practice.
Nick Turner is used to moving in the fast lane. And now the 28-year-old Indianapolis native is ready to put the pedal to the metal this month at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The former IU football player and track runner this month is rolling out his company’s first app using a sponsorship with Harding Steinbrenner Racing to supercharge its marketing efforts.
The network’s ad blitz and all-in production effort are part of a strategy to capitalize on the network’s recent lock on all IndyCar broadcasts.
More than two dozen drivers spent Wednesday testing the deflector, which is designed to reduce the risk of head injuries. It will be the latest safety device to make its debut at the Indy 500.
Under former Zionsville marketing executive Zak Brown, McLaren Racing is attempting to make a lasting return to the IndyCar.