The selection process
Indianapolis Business Journal compiled its annual list of fastest-growing private companies through the following procedures:
Submissions were solicited through announcements in IBJ and email solicitations.
Companies are ranked based on their revenue growth over a three-year period.
Companies were eligible if:
- revenue increased each fiscal year;
- revenue exceeded $1 million in fiscal year 2017;
- the company was an independent, privately held corporation, proprietorship or partnership (not a subsidiary or division) through Dec. 31, 2019;
- the company was founded before fiscal year 2017;
- the company was based in the Indianapolis area (Marion, contiguous and Madison counties).
Accuracy of entries was verified by letters from the companies’ outside accountants or through the companies’ submitting their tax returns.
To be notified when IBJ begins soliciting submissions for next year’s list of fastest-growing private companies, contact Terry Sowka at firstname.lastname@example.org