Investigative reporter Chapman latest on-air personality to leave WTHR
Chapman announced the news on Twitter on Thursday afternoon, saying that it’s “now my choice to pursue other dreams and goals.”
Chapman announced the news on Twitter on Thursday afternoon, saying that it’s “now my choice to pursue other dreams and goals.”
WTHR-TV Channel 13 has hired a weekend morning anchor and weekday morning reporter, and WRTV-TV Channel 6 has added a morning anchor.
Matt McCutcheon, a reporter and anchor for WTHR-TV Channel 13 since 2013, says he has “retired” from the news industry and is taking a corporate communications gig.
The weekend anchor and weekday reporter at Channel 13 since 2017 is leaving to take a position in her hometown.
Ben Hill, who has co-anchored WTHR-TV Channel 13’s morning weekday news since 2016, is leaving Indianapolis for an anchor job in Nashville, Tennessee, WTHR announced Tuesday.
Kevin Rader, a fixture at WTHR-TV Channel 13 since 1990, said he would remain in Indiana but would be leaving television news in July.
WTHR-TV Channel 13 said it would no longer use a dedicated person for traffic coverage as part of a strategic shift.
TV news veteran Karen Campbell announced on social media Thursday that she will join WTHR-TV Channel 13 beginning Aug. 5. In addition, WTHR is adding multimedia journalist Sarah Jones in September.
Dispatch Broadcast Group announced today it has sold its Indianapolis NBC affiliate WTHR-TV Channel 13 and its Columbus, Ohio CBC affiliate WBNS-TV as well as WBNS Radio—which broadcasts on AM and FM—for $535 million in cash to Tysons, Virginia-based Tegna Inc.
After nearly 33 years, David MacAnally has retired as a reporter from WTHR-TV Channel 13, the station announced Tuesday evening.
WTHR-TV Channel 13 has filled its open news director position, which was vacated late last year when Kathy Hostetter left the local NBC affiliate.
John Stehr, 60, held off on leaving for several months but will finally take his last lap this week with a number of tributes to his four-decade career.
The frenzy of deal-making inevitably leads to speculation about the future of WTHR-TV Channel 13—which, incredibly, has been under the ownership of the same family—the Wolfes of Columbus, Ohio—since 1975.
WTHR-TV Channel 13 becomes the second TV station in the Indianapolis market to have a news director opening.
A source told IBJ on Tuesday that Kravitz had been laid off with several others at the top-rated local TV station.
NBC will broadcast next year’s race, marking the first time since 1965 it won’t be on ABC. Still, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has no plans to veer from its longstanding blackout tradition.
John Stehr, 59, took a leave of absence from anchoring duties last year after undergoing heart surgery for an aneurysm but he returned in October.
Naomi Pescovitz, a North Central High School graduate, will help to launch a 7 p.m. newscast at KMSP-Fox 9, which she said will “give me my weekends back and I’ll be able to turn off that 1:30 a.m. alarm clock.”
The executive director of the prestigious national broadcasting awards calls WTHR’s feat “highly, highly unusual.” The local station’s competition included reporting from CNN, HBO and CBS.
Less than a year after being displaced as a weekday morning anchor, Bruce Kopp has rejected a new contract and decided to move on.